Click on any area of the lake to open a 3D viewer that lets you navigate through or around bottom structure.
FISH SPECIES SEARCH:
Perform a fish species search using built-in criteria
- Enter target species, time of year, time of day, and other environmental conditions and potential locations are identified based on known seasonal/daily movement patterns and reactions to environmental factors. For example, a search for fall walleye would identify deeper, steeper main-lake points and inside turns.
- A printable fishing tip is provided including bait/lure and presentation suggestions based on the entered criteria.
Perform custom searches across multiple criteria simultaneously. Possible criteria and examples include:
- Lake region (ex: main-lake region and inlets for summer walleye)
- Depth range (ex: areas between 8 and 14 feet deep)
- Structure (ex: points, inside bends, ledges, and bases of drop-offs)
- Spot-on-the-spot (areas of structure with the most distinct curvature or where two different structure types overlap such as a point on a ledge)
- Slope (ex: sharply sloped areas for late fall bass)
- Aspect (cardinal direction the slope faces)(ex: on a day with southwesterly winds, areas with a southwest aspect are exposed directly to the wind and therefore may be more productive)
- Sun exposure (ex: most shaded areas on a summer afternoon)
- Proximity (areas within a certain distance of shoreline, inlets, coves, weeds, boat ramps, deep/shallow water, or structure types)
- Combining criteria, one could search for locations such as: gradually or moderately sloped main-lake points in 8-14 feet of water within 100 meters of the shoreline and shaded from the sun on a summer morning.
FIND SIMILAR AREAS:
Identifies all areas of the lake with similar characteristics as the area just clicked with the info tool or the coordinate entered into the zoom to coordinate feature. Very useful when you’ve found a productive pattern and want to identify similar areas to fish.
GPS FILE EXPORT:
- Export search results and fishing log entries to most major brands of GPS devices including Lowrance, Humminbird, and Garmin.
- Export files compatible with Google Maps and load onto GPS-enabled smart phones for on-the-water navigation.
GPS FILE IMPORT:
Import waypoints into fishing log from most major brands of GPS devices including Lowrance, Humminbird, and Garmin.
- Store important information about fishing trips including GPS coordinates, date/time, target species, success rate, weather conditions, water temperature, cover, and lure/bait/presentation used.
- Log entries automatically populated with information about depth, slope, aspect, and structure based on GPS coordinate.
- Upload a photo from the fishing trip to share with friends.
- If using laptop out on the water, do an “on the spot” entry and the GPS coordinates are automatically pulled in from the GPS receiver.
- Perform an automatic search of the fishing log across multiple criteria to search for productive areas. Export these entries to most major brands of GPS devices. Find similar areas to successful fishing log entries to expand potential fishing locations.
REAL TIME GPS TRACKING:
Turn your laptop into a GPS device by connecting it to a handheld GPS unit or in-expensive GPS receiver. Quickly and easily add fishing log entries while you’re “on the spot”. No need to write down information or import waypoints.
Full set of navigation tools to explore the map including: zoom in/out, zoom to specific location, panning in various directions, dragging the map, and resetting to original view.
Map display includes depth contours, depth coloring, weeds, rocks, boat ramps, fish cribs, wing dams, roads, rivers, surrounding lakes, lat/long coordinates, and overview map.
Click on any area of the lake to populate the information area with GPS coordinates, depth, degree of slope, aspect, and structure type.
ZOOM TO COORDINATE:
Enter a coordinate and the map will zoom to that coordinate and the information area will be populated with depth, degree of slope, aspect, and structure type.
Measure precise distances on the map.
PRINT CUSTOM MAP:
Print custom map with depth contours and coloration, highlighted search results and table of corresponding user comments, fishing log waypoints and table of corresponding fishing log information, and more. A useful resource for executing your plan of attack out on the water.
Not every map is created equal. The majority of inland lake maps on the market were surveyed years, even decades, ago by different goverment entities. The primary goal was measuring the volume of water for fishery and water management.
Measurements were taken infrequently, often hundreds of feet apart, with no need for great detail. While the end results served its purpose, the map was not designed specifically for fishermen.
In addition, advancements in GPS technology have proved that some of these maps are signifcantly off the mark, showing a shoreline where there's nothing but land, and vice versa.
LakeMaster™ high defintion data is different. Each lake is surveyed by a mapping expert, using sophisticated technology, with the single goal of providing fishermen and recreational boaters the most accurate map on the market. With contours in 1 foot intervals, and even 6 inch intervals in some cases, the incredible detail helps uncover productive areas you may have never found otherwise.
LakeMaster™ has been providing fishermen with some of the most detailed maps since they started mapping lakes in the mid 90s.
Did you know they even have a hovercraft? If you've ever wondered how they are able to map extremely shallow areas, over rocks, stumps and other debris, that would put a hole in most boats.....well, that's how.